This layer of our Privacy Notice provides additional privacy information for individuals involved in our marketing, events and communications activities. It describes amongst other things, how we collect, use and share personal data about you for this purpose.
We collect your personal data for marketing, events & communications purposes which involves:
- Distribution of any offline marketing and communications materials to organisations and businesses to promote Smart DCC (DCC) and our partner’s services.
- Collecting, storing and managing images and videos of people for use in marketing and communications materials.
- Managing, responding and recording enquiries from businesses, media and the public in general.
- Sending details to you about events and activities taking place.
- In partnership with third party operators, promote and manage ticket for events and activities that the DCC undertakes and manage information to ensure the safe delivery of events and services.
- Conduct consultation using data to target research at specific customer groups and profile results by categories of users.
- Recruitment of staff and volunteers.
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Basic details i.e. name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Photographs and video.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data are:
- You, or your legal representative, have given consent.
- You have entered into a contract with us. If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Who we share your personal data with
We will share personal data about you with a partner organisation only with your prior consent i.e. for use of videos and photographs.
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share your personal data without your consent such as where we are required:
- to do so by law,
- to safeguard public safety, and
- in risk of harm or emergency situations.
In such cases, only the minimum information required will be shared.
All the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
How long do we hold your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for the length of time determined by our business requirements for the previously mentioned purposes.