The Intimate Communications Hub Interface (ICHIS) specification defines a common interface between Intimate Communications Hubs (ICH) and Smart Meters which will be deployed for the GB Smart Metering Implementation Programme.
The ICHIS defines the mandatory features required to ensure that an ICH can be used with any ICHIS compliant Host, as well as defining features reserved for future use or for specific implementations.
DCC will review the ICHIS as a minimum on an annual basis to ensure it remains fit for purpose and use. In Quarter 2 2019 the ICHIS was updated with:
- Removing the Bit Error Rate (BER) test requirement;
- Removing the Radio Frequency Noise limits from the Communications Hubs (Comms Hub) data sheets to ICHIS into a new Appendix B;
- Replacing current test content in ICHIS with a new ICHIS test specification
- Adding requirements to test multiple meters;
- Adding a new Appendix A for CHAS information;
- Making other minor changes to the specification such as amending references to standards and adding definitions to the glossary.
At the start of Q4 2019, ICHIS was updated to extend the Derogation Period up to and including 31 March 2020.
There are no other changes from ICHIS 2.0. i.e. the Technical Specifications and associated 8 meter test specification is unchanged from Version 2.0.
Outside of the annual review, if you identify any changes or updates that are required, please email email@example.com detailing the proposed change and accompanying rationale for the change.