The Intimate Communications Hub Interface (ICHIS) specification defines a common interface between Intimate Communications Hubs (ICH) and Smart Meters which will be deployed for the GB Smart Metering Implementation Programme.
The ICHIS defines the mandatory features required to ensure that an ICH can be used with any ICHIS compliant Host, as well as defining features reserved for future use or for specific implementations.
DCC will review the ICHIS as a minimum on an annual basis to ensure it remains fit for purpose and use. In Quarter 2 2019 the ICHIS was updated with:
- Removing the Bit Error Rate (BER) test requirement;
- Removing the Radio Frequency Noise limits from the Communications Hubs (Comms Hub) data sheets to ICHIS into a new Appendix B;
- Replacing current test content in ICHIS with a new ICHIS test specification
- Adding requirements to test multiple meters;
- Adding a new Appendix A for CHAS information;
- Making other minor changes to the specification such as amending references to standards and adding definitions to the glossary.
In Quarter 2 2020, ICHIS was updated to:
- Introduce Fylingdales frequency band and EDMI Fylingdales DBCH CHAS (updates to Part F, Appendix A and Appendix B);
- Amend Parts B, C and D to ensure consistency that the AC connection pins are forbidden on the Communications Hub;
- Amend Part F sub-section 4.5 to correct an error in the drafting of the 8-meter 2SD and 3SD limits introduced in ICHIS V2.0; and
- Part E to clarify voltage limits on the digital signalling connector.
Outside of the annual review, if you identify any changes or updates that are required, please email email@example.com detailing the proposed change and accompanying rationale for the change.