DCC's Design Assurance Board (DAB) provides formal assurance and acceptance of technical products produced by DCC. Technical products are design, test, service management and/or security documents relating to DCC service design.
Approval at DAB facilitates, via the DCC Programme Management Office, the issue of Authority to Proceed (ATP) to DCC service providers. The DAB also acts as an escalation route for design issues that cannot be resolved in DCC Design Forums.
- Approves technical products on behalf of DCC
- Conditionally approves technical products together with a remedial plan and timetable
- Rejects technical products together with a recommendation on areas for rework
- Resolves outstanding design issues that cannot be resolved within the DCC Design Forum (or other DCC vehicle)
- Escalates DCC design issues that cannot be resolved within DCC
- Submits DCC approved technical products which are or may constitute changes to an existing baseline document of the Smart Energy Code to the Department for Energy and Climate Change's Technical and Business Design Group
Please see the list of products that have been to DAB in the DCC DAB Audit Log.